A HISTORY IN PICTURES
2006: Zen Garden
This route was built in stages. It started as a rough trail in 2004. It crosses two main waterways in the area. They are mostly dry creeks, but subject to flash flooding in heavy downpours, or they may even flow continuously in very wet years like it did in 2005. This area became known as the Zen Garden. It was constructed in January and February, 2006.
(260) ^ ^ ^ ^ When this little creek flows, it used to flood the main pathway below. So this rock containment channel was designed to keep it from overflowing its banks.
(261) ^ ^ ^ ^ A wooden foot bridge was added to make the channel easier to cross.
(262) ^ ^ ^ ^ Stone steps climb up to the foot bridge.
(263) ^ ^ ^ ^ Ready for a layer of wood chips.
(264) ^ ^ ^ ^ This unusual, triangle-shaped rock was dug out of the gravel just in front of the foot bridge.
(265) ^ ^ ^ ^ With its flat sides, the triangle-shaped rock was well suited for use as a seat.
(266) ^ ^ ^ ^ Finishing with wood chips.
(267) ^ ^ ^ ^ This area ready for a finishing layer of wood chips.
(268) ^ ^ ^ ^ Extra fine wood chips were used here because of the slope.
(269) ^ ^ ^ ^ Leads to the Main Pathway.
(270) ^ ^ ^ ^ Another (higher) view.